Wednesday 13 June 2012

Welcome to My Blog

Hello, I'm Robert, an amateur poet and writer (as of yet unpublished, but the ambition is there). I created this blog to serve as a source of review and insight into the literary world, in particular, classical and contemporary poetry. I am deeply interested in works of the past and how they influence present and future writers, I also love reading, so this blog is a fitting device for my opinionated output. However, I do not wish to merely give my opinion on a book, but to give a generalized analysis that will hopefully lead others to read the book for themselves and thus inspire them. It may appear wholly didactic of me to assert the values and benefits of reading here, but I believe in this modern age of frivolity and gimmick we need a return to substantial literature that provides not just information or a cheap thrill but wisdom and the inspiration to create our own work.
 I will avoid being overly sentimental and state that poetry is for all, it is the very translation of thought, something intimate and unique, I hope that by offering my reviews of poets I admire will inspire others to write their own works.
My first review is yet to be confirmed but will be coming shortly

-Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment